Coláiste Bríde Parents Council
The Parents’ Council is made up of parents and the Principal or his or her representative.
A parents’ representative of the Board of Management may also attend.
They meet once a month. Their aim is to act as a link between the home and the school.
The Parents’ Council:
1. Organises talks for parents
2. Produces a newsletter once a term to keep parents up to date on what is happening in the school
3. Is consulted by the school about policy development and policy reviews
4. Organises a Book Fair in July where parents and students can buy and sell second hand books
5. Organises a book rental scheme
6. Organises fund raising events which support the book rental scheme, library books, equipment, etc.
An AGM is held at the beginning of every school year.
If you would like to get more involved in your daughter’s education, and if you would like to meet other parents, please come to the AGM in September. You could also think about joining the Parents’ Council.