Coláiste Bríde, Enniscorthyis an girls Voluntary Catholic Secondary School. Coláiste Bríde was founded by the Sisters of Mercy and operates under the Trusteeship of CEIST.
Mission Statement We believe in the value of the Catholic School and in it seek to integrate growth in Christ with the cultural enrichment acquired through human knowledge and skills. Our response requires deep commitment and dedication to the implementation of our mission statement.
"We are working to promote a secure and caring community environment, where respect, responsibility and Christian commitment grow; drawing forth the positive potential of each individual."
Aim of Our School
To maintain a caring, stable environment where each student feels safe and secure.
To foster in each child a sense of respect and tolerance for herself, for others and for the wider community.
To encourage each student to take responsibility for herself, her learning and her property, and to instil in her an overall sense of honesty, loyalty and integrity.
To develop in each pupil her diverse talents and potential: Spiritual, Academic, Social, Physical, Creative and Emotional.
To recognise and reward effort and achievement, thus promoting a true sense of confidence and well-being.
School History In 1859 the Sisters of Mercy arrived in Enniscorthy to open a Convent to meet the needs of the poor. In 1860 two rooms wre procured and classes for children and adults commenced. Recognising the necessity for training the young, in 1882 a workroom was opened where the Sisters taught knitting, shirt making and kindred crafts.
In 1935, a large building for the second level pupils, known as Secondary Top under the direction of Sr. Catherine Bolger was provided. In 1970, the Secondary Top was upgraded to full Secondary status with the opening of phase one of the present Coláiste Bríde. The second phase was opened in 1978.
A Prayer Room was added in 1986 and a Sports & Drama Centre was opened in 1991. Four new classrooms were added in 1995, a fully equipped computer room in 1997 together with five pre-fabs to the rear of the school. A third science lab was fitted in 1999 and the school is now the Science Resource Centre for the Southeast. More recently, in 2011, a number of new classrooms were built.